CGFC is pleased to announce their inaugural Goldfields Social Soccer Kick
Sunday 24th July
Chewton Soldiers Memorial Park – Map Here
The Social Kick is an invitational social event being hosted to promote and encourage Senior Social Soccer in the Goldfields region.
Teams – We have invited 4 teams made up of players from the Castlemaine area, Kyneton area and Bendigo:
Castlemaine gOld Spice (Masters)
Bendigo Old Gold
Castlemaine Nuggets United
Format – The Social Kick will see all four teams play each other once in a Round Robin format of single half 30 minute games. The top 2 and bottom 2 teams after those results will then face off to decided 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
BBQ and BYO drinks/refreshments
Registrations – Participation is by invite to one of the four teams only and players are required to be registered with CGFC or another FFV affiliated Club ahead of taking part. Minimum required registration is $30 Train On Registration with ours or another FFV club.
No registration no play and we will be checking in the week of the game so please do it ahead of time.
Note if this goes off well and everything enjoys the game, the plan is to host every 6 months, and your registration will cover you up until the following football season, so the next comp in the summer. It also enables you to officially train with our club any thursday night and we always welcome anyone down to training who fancies a kick.
Some basic house rules
• Referees and linesmen on the day, so games will be officiated and official rules apply.
• Each team will need to have a captain or official representative on the day.
• Unlimited rotating subs allowed.
• Referees will penalise foul throws 😉
• If teams get injuries and are short of players across the day we’d encourage teams to help each other out with benches across the 4 games you’ll get to play
• This is social football, so please play respectful competitive football. We are all older players with jobs, kids other interests, we don’t want players to get injured.
• However you do play at your own risk regards injury – be safe wear shin pads and proper football boots.
• Have fun.